Re: [groff] hyphenation issues

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [groff] hyphenation issues
Date: Sun, 06 May 2018 13:33:37 +0100

Hi Ingo,

> > Perhaps you're in a bit of a silo?  :-)
>
> Perhaps.  :-)

Branden's cited one source he's seen.  I had a Google last night, but
was too tired to post the results.

A _Dr Dobbs_ blog article in 2010 recommends always writing `int const'.
http://www.drdobbs.com/cpp/the-mutable-comprehension-of-const/228700195

Google's style guide acknowledges both flavours exist, encourages the
long-standing one, but allows either, saying `be consistent with the
code around you'.
https://google.github.io/styleguide/cppguide.html#Use_of_const

Microsoft write `int const'.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/cpp/c-language/type-qualifiers#syntax

So the recommendation has been around a while, and significantly enough
for Google to have to mention it, and Microsoft's author of that one
page to use it.  :-)

I don't know if C++ has different semantics that mean choice of position
is less flexible;  I've just been talking about C.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy