Re: [groff] hyphenation issues

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [groff] hyphenation issues
Date: Sun, 06 May 2018 12:21:11 +0100

Hi Branden,

> I had first _heard_ of it some years ago, but the most significant bit
> of prominent evangelism for it I'm aware of is from Ben Klemens's
> _21st Century C_:
> https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14514281-21st-century-c

Interesting, thanks.  The second edition gets a better star rating on
Amazon:  https://amzn.to/2rop9YN  I'll add it to my pile of reading for
which the web has ruined my attention span.  Some reviewers think it
florid and the opposite of terse, though.

> [storage_class] {type_name [type_qualifier ...]} ...
>
> A storage class is only meaningful for a fundamental type so it makes
> sense for it to go out front.

+1.

> >     l = [42, 314]; m = l
>
> Are you saying they expect l to be defined as a 42x314 array, or that
> they expect m to be a copy of l instead of a reference to l?

They expect `m' to refer to a copy of the list referenced by `l',
rather than both referring to the same list.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy