Re: [groff] Brian Kernighan on the evoution of eqn, pic, grap, into trof

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [groff] Brian Kernighan on the evoution of eqn, pic, grap, into troff
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 01:15:09 +0200

> > Interestingly he mispronounces TeX as Tech

> So do I these days.  Isn't that correct?

Depends how you pronounce "Tech".  :-)

If you pronounce it "tek" (as in "technology"), then it's wrong.
According to Knuth, the "ch" is supposed to be pronounced as
in the Scottish "loch".  (If you don't know Scottish, then
I guess the "j" in Spanish "ojo" would work as well.)

(BTW, most Germans who use it also pronounce it wrong,
namely as in "ich" instead of as in "Bach".)