Re: [groff] Now online: gropdf / grops previewer

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] Now online: gropdf / grops previewer
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 14:07:20 +1000

Hey Larry,

> If it can update live, I’d use it as a previewer

Well, it can. But I'm not expecting anybody to write and edit ditroff
source by hand.

The web-based viewer is really a dumbed-down version of an Atom
<https://atom.io/> extension I've nearly finished. The Atom editor will be
able to perform live updates because it can pipe to/from programs in the
user's environment.

I anticipate the result will be quite flashy, but the web-based viewer does
little to convey that...