Re: [groff] groff as the basis for comprehensive documentation?

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] groff as the basis for comprehensive documentation?
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 07:54:59 +1000

> Begging your pardon ... who's pdfmark macros?

Ahaha, my bad. I recall well the credit Deri gave in pdf.tmac:

> *Much of the code in this macro has come from the excellent original work
> by*
> *Keith Marshall (see attribution in the pdfmark.tmac file). I, however,**am
> solely responsible for any bugs I may have introduced into this file*.

I apologise for my dimwittedness nonetheless...

@Ralph The shouting section heading makes it easier to find that heading
> rather
> than the same word occurring elsewhere, e.g. `ENVIRONMENT'.
> And if the .SH's parameter isn't shouting then perhaps there's a reason
> for it and it should be preserved, even if it just shows up the bug to
> fix.

They're still presented as such. CSS is used to stylise the capitalisation
so the heading assumes uppercase. The effect is a purely presentational one
to readers, but one that can have an adverse effect on screen-readers and
other accessibility software which interpret  ALLCAPS  as a list of letters
to read back to the user, one by one...