[groff] Creating a pdf slideshow

From: Deri James
Subject: [groff] Creating a pdf slideshow
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 13:03:09 +0000

Recently new features have been added to the gropdf device to allow
presentation pdfs to be produced from roff files. Peter Schaffter has been
incorporating the new features into mom, but I wondered how difficult it would
be to incorporate it into other macro packages.

It turns out to be quite easy. I used the ms macros to create the attached
pdf. It is the first time I have used the ms macros so apologies if I have
made any newbie blunders. The command to generate the presentation is:-

groff -T pdf -ms ms-slides.rof > ms-slides.pdf

To generate a non-presentation version (which is easier to print), do:-

GROPDF_NOSLIDE=1 groff -T pdf -ms ms-slides.rof > ms-noslides.pdf

The changes in gropdf are in the current git version, so if you want to test
the new features you will have to install the current git version. I would
welcome further testing to make sure I've ironed out all the wrinkles.

Cheers

Deri