[groff] Skip the stripper?

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: [groff] Skip the stripper?
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:27:23 -0500

A while ago, we discussed whether to stop stripping files of
comments and indentation.  I've just found a good reason not to
strip om.tmac: the two versions do not result in the same output!

Attached are two PDF versions of the slide-demo file I added to mom.
When the file is built with om.tmac (the stripped version), the
header rule on the first slide is too high.  Built with om.tmac-u,
the rule is in the right place.

The two files can't be diffed and I'm going bug-eyed trying to spot
where the problem occurs.  Perhaps if we just skipped the stripper?
There doesn't appear to be a performance loss when the unstripped
version is run, and the extensive comments are, in fact, intended to
provide supplementary documentation (aided by consistent
indentation).

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca