Re: [groff] Changing A Defined String

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [groff] Changing A Defined String
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 12:04:05 +0000

Hi Tadziu,

> > > Or there's a `.while' IIRC.  :-)
>
> The ".while" construct isn't strictly necessary, because the roff
> language supports recursion.  8-)

True!  But I don't think that eliminates the macro call stack growing on
tail recursion, like dc(1) does for example?  I see groff's info says
«Note that the number of available recursion levels is set to 1000 (this
is a compile-time constant value of 'gtroff')».  Good enough for this
case, obviously.

(There's also a typo near there: `The traditional and ofter [often]
better solution'.)

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy