Re: [groff] version and revision management

From: Bertrand Garrigues
Subject: Re: [groff] version and revision management
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 23:52:16 +0100

Hi Peter,

On Sun, Jan 14 2018 at 12:38:29 PM, Peter Schaffter <address@hidden> wrote:
> Just checking: the new .Y would always begin with the current
> revision expessed as a digit?

Yes, it will always start with a digit, possibly followed by a dot and
extra info.  I've just commited on the 'unique-version' branch I've
created yesterday this new .Y format.  If you use this branch you will
see that the full version is:

   1.22.3.real.436-3dfd

So the revision will be '3.real.436-3dfd'.

Regards,

Bertrand