Re: [groff] Compilation of 1.22.3 doesn't work properly

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] Compilation of 1.22.3 doesn't work properly
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 04:00:12 +1100

> *I don’t know exactly, but I usually do  configure —prefix=/usr  so the
> install overwrites the existing groff.Which reminds me… I recently upgraded
> to High Sierra. I have to re-install.*

I find it helpful to always check Homebrew's formula file (if there is one)
to see how they deal with cases like yours.

As you can see in groff.rb
<https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/ec2da05/Formula/groff.rb>,
there's
a patch
<https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/ec2da05a0dc0a47727da888239d219bd604b6b7e/Formula/groff.rb#L64-L76>
to fix a parallel build. Perhaps it's connected to the problems you were
experiencing? A line in the Ruby file points to Savannah ticket #43581
<https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?43581>,