Re: [groff] [Neatroff] arabic typesetting

From: Pierre-Jean
Subject: Re: [groff] [Neatroff] arabic typesetting
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 18:52:11 +0100

Hello,

kaddour kardio <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi i am quiet a newbie in utroff/neatroff typesetting systems, i use LaTeX
> daily in my archlinux based laptop.
> Do Farsi settings sufficient to typeset arabic texts( via init_fa), or
> should i create a init_ar config file?.

I can't help much about neatroff, but I believe I should clarify this:
I wrote on this list that I aimed to port utroff to neatroff, but
that's a long term project, and currently, utroff macros can't be used
with neatroff.

And unfortunately, I don't know neatroff and arabic languages well
enough to may answer easily your question. But as far as I understand,
you're refering to the 'make init_fa' target of the neatroff_make
package. This target installs a farsi font and the farsi/arabic
shaping pre-processor for neatroff. So, to typeset arabic texts, you
probably also need to install manually a proper arabic font.

To do so, put the font in the 'font' subdirectory, and run './fonts.sh'
from there.

If you don't receive more answer from this list, maybe could you write
directly to Ali Gholami Rudi? His email is indicated at the bottom of
his web site: http://litcave.rudi.ir

Kind Regards,
Pierre-Jean.