Re: [groff] A typo on fsf groff wiki page, and question about releasing

From: Boyuan Yang
Subject: Re: [groff] A typo on fsf groff wiki page, and question about releasing
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 15:12:45 +0800

[cc-me please]

在 2017年11月21日星期二 CST 下午7:49:51,Blake McBride 写道:
> Agreed.  This also maximizes the chances the distros will pick up the
> latest version.
>
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 1:17 AM, Boyuan Yang <address@hidden> wrote:
> > [cc-me please, I'm not on list]
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I found a typo on the Wiki page of Groff under directory.fsf.org. On the
> > page
> > [1], the latest version number is "1.23", not 1.22.3. I think it is a typo
> > and
> > can be fixed easily.
> >
> > Besides, I have a question about the release plan of future groff (e.g.,
> > 1.22.4). It's been 3 years since last release of groff. Maybe it's time to
> > release another new groff version with all patches available in the VCS.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Boyuan Yang
> >
> > [1] https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Groff

Is there any following plans about this?

To be more concrete, I'm looking forward to seeing groff 1.22.4 in Ubuntu
18.04 LTS, which will be the base of tons of other derivative Linux
distributions. Otherwise we might miss it and have to wait for another 2
years.

Regards,
Boyuan Yang