[groff] A macro package for lists in TROFF

From: Stephanie Björk
Subject: [groff] A macro package for lists in TROFF
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 02:39:44 +0700

Hi,

So, after having been on the mailing list for a bit, I've found that we are
all sharing quite cool things here.  Just a day ago, I wrote something
quite nice in Troff -- a macro package that provides for something that
most macro packages I have so far known lack.  I figured also that this is
the best place to share any ``movements'' in /[GTN]roff/ as the community
is small.

So, I made an okay-functioning macro package to typeset lists (currently,
only bulleted lists are possible) that can be nested.  Each nesting can
have a custom indentation.  When a nesting is complete, the macro remembers
how much that custom indentation is and exdents it by the exact same
amount.  You can have as many nested orders as desired.

Each bullet can also have some custom bullet characters and all the other
fancy things only obvious in the source code.

The project is here: https://github.com/katt64/troff-lists (bul.tmac is the
beating heart of it all)
It currently cannot do numbered lists because those are complicated and I
will do them later when I have time.

Yes, I admit that it does exploit Groff and Troff to the point I could be
arrested for software abuse.  But, yes, it's quite a concept.

Rgds,
Stephanie