[groff] infinite loop with groff + mom

From: Ulrich Lauther
Subject: [groff] infinite loop with groff + mom
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 13:02:34 +0100

Hi all,

I process the file below with

        groff -Tps -k  -mom -P-pa4 test.mom > /tmp/out.ps

and get
        test.mom:74: fatal error: input stack limit exceeded (probable infinite
loop)

I get one page of output with center and right part of the footer at the top(!)
and left part
at the bottom.

I use groff 1.22.3 and mom 2.2

Do I something totally wrong, or is this a bug in mom?

Here is the input:

.PRINTSTYLE TYPESET
.PAPER A4
.L_MARGIN 1i
.FAMILY N
.FONT R
.HEADERS OFF
.FOOTERS
.PAGINATION    OFF
.T_MARGIN      0.25i
.B_MARGIN      1.25i
.FOOTER_MARGIN 0.5i
.FOOTER_ON_FIRST_PAGE
.FOOTER_LEFT "left"
.FOOTER_CENTER "center"
.FOOTER_RIGHT "page \*[PAGE#] of 10"
.PT_SIZE 12
.AUTOLEAD 2
.HEADING_STYLE 1 NUMBER SIZE +0 BASELINE_ADJUST 0.2v
.HEADING_STYLE 2 NUMBER SIZE +0 BASELINE_ADJUST 0.2v
.HEADING_STYLE 3 NUMBER SIZE +0 FONT I BASELINE_ADJUST 0.1v
.PARA_INDENT 0
.START
.LEFT
test