Re: [groff] Help needed: C++11 language lawyer

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [groff] Help needed: C++11 language lawyer
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 18:23:52 +0000

Hi Branden,

> > Can't the new delete call the existing one to do the work?
>
> +  // In function 'void operator delete(void*, long unsigned int)':
> +  //   warning: deleting 'void*' is undefined [-Wdelete-incomplete]
> +  //delete p;

I mean call the function, not kick off the whole magical process again.
Possibly something like

    ::operator delete(p)

but I've deliberately avoided learning C++ after reading an early book
on it.

Whilst you're waiting for someone who does know it, you could move the
work into a static function and have both delete()s call it?

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy