Re: [Groff] Copyright notices in groff's man pages

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Copyright notices in groff's man pages
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 00:32:56 +0000

Hi Werner,

> I suggest that you make `gdb' a shell alias to `gdb -q' to avoid the
> noise at startup.

And the same for bc(1) and `bc -q', etc.  Note, dc(1), embedded in bc
for the GNU version, doesn't spew forth;  surely a bug!?  :-)

How I wrinkle my nose at that noise.  I think RMS should have put Unix's
insight of having no needless output for the user to scan, unlike say
DEC VMS, above the promotion of GNU.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy