Re: [Groff] [groff] 01/01: Facepalm.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] [groff] 01/01: Facepalm.
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2017 17:05:20 +0100 (CET)

>     Facepalm.
>
>     This is why I hate separate changelog files.  :-|

I suggest doing it the opposite way.  Before committing a change you
should prepare a ChangeLog entry.  At `git commit' time, simply use
the ChangeLog entry as the commit message, without the date and e-mail
line, and without any leading tabs.

This implies that the ChangeLog entry starts with a git-compatible
first line (i.e., something not longer than approx. 75 characters),
followed by an empty line, followed by a more detailed description if
necessary or appropriate, using the standard ChangeLog syntax and
format.