Re: [Groff] devpdf U-fonts and Russian

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] devpdf U-fonts and Russian
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 14:10:25 -0400

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017, Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:

> > This discussion makes me wonder what the 3000-line perl
> > script, grofpdf, can do that a trivial shell script that
> > calls groff and ps2pdf can't.
>
> Embedding of PDF figures, I guess.  Also, in a very general
> sense, things like generating an outline.

The second sentence, above, trivializes a huge advantage of
gropdf.  As a developer, I might tend to agree with

  "Of course, the best solution would be for everybody to stop
   using PDF and start using Postscript instead."

but as a frequent writer and reader of PDF documents, I would
disagree.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca