Re: [Groff] git-repository: Adjustments not yet completed after transfer

From: Bertrand Garrigues
Subject: Re: [Groff] git-repository: Adjustments not yet completed after transfer
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 23:46:27 +0200

Hi Bjarni,

On Wed, Jul 26 2017 at 11:55:24 PM, Bjarni Ingi Gislason <address@hidden> wrote:
>   The git repository is not yet fully functional as the bug #51415 has yet to
> be committed.
>   My master branch shows me in read the names of manual pages, that are
> created and should therefore not be tracked.

I've fixed this bug (slightly different solution than your proposed
patch).  However I recommend you to use out-of-source build:

  mkdir build
  cd build
  ../configure &&  make -j

You can create several build directories with different configurations,
and should you need to look at ignored files with 'git status --ignored'
you'll have only the build directory and a few files generated by the
autotools, instead of hundreads of red lines if you use in-source build.

Regards,

Bertrand Garrigues