Re: [Groff] pdfmom warning: can't find special character `u0065_0304'

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: [Groff] pdfmom warning: can't find special character `u0065_0304'
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 01:35:38 -0700

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 16:54:12 -0600, in message
address@hidden, Dominic Jones
wrote:

> I had tried using the U-P font, but I set it at the command line via
> ''-f''.  I presume the fact that the document had ''.FAMILY P'' in it
> then proceeded to override the command line setting...

"-f" or "-F"?  Both options exist.  In your original posting you
said you had used "-F U-P".  That will not give you what you
wanted.  "-F <dir>" searches a directory (or directory path) for
sub-directory <devname> (where devname is the name of the output
device) and the DESC file and font files.  Giving it the font name
won't work at all.  "-f<fam>" selects "<fam>" as the default font
family.  You'd still have to select the style of font -- R, I, B,
or BI.

As far as I know, any request or macro to change the font family
or style would override the command line option(s).  For myself,
I always set my fonts within my document; I've never used the
command line option.  (Actually, I set the default font in a style
sheet file, e.g., custom-mom.mom, and then make any necessary
changes in the document proper.)

--Dale

--
Be comforted, that in the face of all aridity and disillusionment,
And despite the changing fortunes of time,