Re: [Groff] mom : unicode in .INCLUDE'd files SOLVED

From: E. Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom : unicode in .INCLUDE'd files SOLVED
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 19:53:31 +0200

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 10:16:39 -0700
Dale Snell <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]
> Hi Erich,

Hi Dale.  Thank you, I think you are right.

> I suspect that the typeface you're using simply doesn't have the
> "char-with-breve" and "char-with-macron" characters.  That
> happened to me a while back.  I needed vowels with macrons to
> print out some Romaji (romanized Japanese) words.

Similiar with me, I need them to print Pinyin (romanized Chinese).

> I kept getting
> errors like yours.  I did a bit of digging, and found that the
> standard Palatino Roman (P) font didn't have those characters.
> However, the U-P font did.  So I switched to that font and haven't
> had any trouble since.  The U-<whatever> fonts should be part of
> the standard 1.22.3 version of Groff.

The U-<whatever> do the trick.

Now I only have to figure out how mom sets the basic font.
the .FAMILY macro doesn't accept seem to accept U-***, I have to insert
the .FT U-TR &c. after each .PP macro.

Thanks!

erich

--