Re: [Groff] Refer with MM

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: [Groff] Refer with MM
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 23:25:10 +1000 (AEST)

I needed more flexibility with references when using the MM macros. I needed to modify the heading display, the hyphenation/font/line-spacing during the display of the references, and so on.

I have introduced the concept of 2 new macros, RZ and RH. The 'RH' is a newly defined macro which will display the heading in font 2, centered on the page with a single line gap to the line. By default, no 'RZ' macro is defined.

A user can define a macro 'RZ' which can be used to change hyphenation.
point size and interline spacing used to put the list of references on
the pages(s). E.g.

                .de RZ
                .S 12 14
                .nh
                ..

A user can redefine the macro 'RH' which can be used to control the way
the heading \\[Rp] is displayed and the spacing between it and the list
of references. This heading text comes in as the first argument. E.g.

                .de RH
                .ft HB
                \s+2\\$1\s-2
                .ft P
                .sp 2
                ..

It is probably not a good idea to leave fonts, point size and spacing any
different at exit as when it entered.

I have changed 'refer.tmac' by moving the two 'rm' commands in ']-' two lines down from their original lines. That change will only affect the MM macros.

Thare are changes to 2 files, 'm.tmac' and 'refer-mm.tmac'

I am testing. If anybody thinks this is useful, let me know.

Regards - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 277-279 Broadway, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer