Re: [Groff] ASCII Minus Sign in man Pages

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] ASCII Minus Sign in man Pages
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 22:36:11 -0400

On Thu, May 04, 2017, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Doug McIlroy <address@hidden>:
> > It would be well to have the Linux manpages project on board for man macro
> > discussions. Is anyone from that project on this mailing list?
> >
> > If not, they should probably be invited to participate. A job for Peter
> > Shafter?
>
> I believe I was the last person to modify the Linux man page macros.
> Their current maintainer is not the kind of groff expert to whom it
> would occur to modify them; it would work as well to ask me questions
> and ask me to push changes through to the project repo, probably.

Notwithstanding, I've alerted the linux-manpages list.  We tend
to go round and round on manpage debates.  A little fresh blood
might be useful.  At the very least, they should be au courant about
proposed changes, even if they're not the people to implement them.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca