Re: [Groff] Critique this bold-italic private macro for man pages

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] Critique this bold-italic private macro for man pages
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 17:24:41 +0200 (CEST)

> "G. Branden Robinson" <address@hidden> hat am 3. Mai 2017 um 01:02
> geschrieben:
>
> The .itc request is a groff extension so an additional layer of
>
> .ie \(.g
>
> could be added.

Where do you want to add this--in the macro package?  This would not be
necessary, since it is already groff's own package.  We don't need to care for
those who steal it ;)

I saw testing for \(.g in manpages--this is a bad idea.  Manpages itself need
to be written portable, without testing for this or that formatter.

Carsten