Re: [Groff] Applications of \c in man pages in the wild [LONG]

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [Groff] Applications of \c in man pages in the wild [LONG]
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 02:22:59 +1000

> Oh, and pointers to a site that times out:

Strange, the site loaded perfectly fine for me.

There's not much on the page, though:

*Deroff 2.0*

Deroff removes roff constructs from documents for the purpose of indexing,
> spell checking etc. My own implementation is a little smarter than
> traditional implementations, because it knows about certain -man and -mm
> macros. It is able to generate a word list for spell checking tools or omit
> headers for sentence analysis tools.

The source is available as a GNU zipped tape archive
> <http://www.moria.de/~michael/deroff/deroff-2.0.tar.gz>. A win32 port is
> available from gnuwin32.sourceforge.net.

The gzip link works too. If you're having troubles accessing it, I can
email it to you if you're interested.