Re: [Groff] Applications of \c in man pages in the wild [LONG]

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: [Groff] Applications of \c in man pages in the wild [LONG]
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 12:15:55 -0400

At 2017-05-01T17:46:30+0200, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
> G. Branden Robinson wrote on Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 07:51:26PM -0400:
>
> > some of these categories are going to be hard to recognize without
> > a standalone *roff parser, which I don't think exists.
>
> I'm working on that in mandoc, albeit rather slowly.

Nice!  I wish groff could emit its AST itself, though.

You mentioned deroff(1); GNU roff does not provide its own
implementation of it, and Debian doesn't offer one.

Web searches aren't much help, mostly turning up man pages for deroff
but not an actual source tree, or stuff about some European footballer.

Oh, and pointers to a site that times out:

http://www.moria.de/~michael/deroff

Regards,
Branden