Re: [Groff] ASCII Minus Sign in man Pages.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] ASCII Minus Sign in man Pages.
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 15:07:15 +0100

Hi Branden,

>     22  .  if '\*[.T]'utf8' \
>     23  .    char - \[hy]
>     24  .
>
> Also, the linitan(1) tool that is a huge part of Debian package QA
> checks man pages for many problems, and I think this is one of them.

I had a look at https://lintian.debian.org/tags-all.html, searching for
`manpage', but didn't spot it?  Lintian does look very useful though.  I
had a browse of a few packages, and some of groff's faults are still in
git.
https://lintian.debian.org/full/address@hidden
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/groff.git/tree/contrib/hdtbl/groff_hdtbl.7.man#n1251

> Debian _is_ trying to bring about the day when that bodge can be
> reversed.

Sounds good.

--
Cheers, Ralph.