Re: [Groff] Request for a new release of groff

From: Bertrand Garrigues
Subject: Re: [Groff] Request for a new release of groff
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 20:20:53 +0100

Hi Matias,

On Mon, Feb 13 2017 at 10:40:57 AM, "Matias A. Fonzo" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear maintainers,
>
> Can you provide a fresh release of GNU groff, latest version is 1.22.3
> (04-Nov-2014), there *a lot* of changes and bug fixes since then...

I've discussed with Werner and I will prepare a new release.

First we can define a 'commit window' of about a month to let
contributors commit changes or propose patch they think essential for
this release.

Then I'll prepare a pre-release; of course people willing to help to
test on various platforms are welcome.

Regards,

Bertrand Garrigues