Re: [Groff] Vietnamese letters with two diacriticals.

From: Radek
Subject: Re: [Groff] Vietnamese letters with two diacriticals.
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 23:40:07 +0100

Hi Robert,

I was trying to exactly the same but not for Vietnamese.  There is a
mechanism "Overstrike glyphs".  Let me paste today notes:

The composing mechanism described in manual as:
.%CODE
\&\\\(lBbase_glyph glyph1 glyph2 ...\(rB
.%ENDCODE
do not working for me.  The reason is that it only created composed
glyph name, glyph which already must be in font for specific output.
This means that the composed glyph must be already prepared in font.
.%PARA
Lucky there is another mechanism in form of \fC\\o'...'\fP escape.
See the \*[%quote Overstrike glyphs]

.%SECTION "Overstrike glyphs"
.Escape \\\\o[...]
This allows to print up to nine glyphs over itself.  It's done
correctly as you expect.  The glyphs are centered and the whole thing
gets the size of the widest glyph.
.%CODE
.%ENDCODE
Render to: