Re: [Groff] groff developments - query about any interest?

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff developments - query about any interest?
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 16:13:32 +0100

<address@hidden> wrote:
 |Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote (Thu, 17 Nov 2016 09:02:52 +0100
 |(CET)):
 |> Alas, Vienna is a bit too far away from Berlin...  BTW, what do you
 |> mean with `left behind'?
 |Also:
 |markdown/ ReST -> HTML is superior to groff -> HTML.

Surely this is not necessarily true.  I would love to have a HTML
filter that just works, in order to simply convert Unix manual
pages to HTML if i want to.  (And, yes, with mdocmx anchors and
thus fully interlinked.)  Unfortunately it is not that easy even
though massive amount of manpower has been put in this, but if
i convert the manual of the MUA i am sticking in so much that
i seem to have disappeared i need two of my work days of manual
adjustments to get it done, so, and only because of this, i agree.
Otherwise i would not.  Oh yes, there is plenty of interest.

--steffen