Re: [Groff] [Heirloom] Problem with specific TTF font

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] [Heirloom] Problem with specific TTF font
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 17:47:55 +0200 (CEST)

> I don't know if spaces are forbidden in the spec, but I have
> proposed the change (https://github.com/n-t-roff/heirloom-doctools/pull/34)
> to properly encode the glyph name so it does not
> interfere with PostScript.

Glyph names in a `post' table must not contain spaces, since they are
intended to be used as PostScript entities.  A PostScript program uses
spaces to separate tokens.

>From the MS recommendations for OpenType fonts, section `post' table:

  https://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/recom.htm

    The PostScript glyph name must be no longer than 31 characters,
    include only uppercase or lowercase English letters, European
    digits, the period or the underscore, i.e. from the set