Re: [Groff] Converting basic units to inches in PostScript

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [Groff] Converting basic units to inches in PostScript
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 23:50:41 +1000

Hey guys,

Hrm, well, adding the `u` suffix to `.in` *did* change the indentation, but
it's suddenly too small.

If you're curious, the code may be found here
<https://github.com/Alhadis/AddressPrinter>. Be aware this was written
strictly as a personal challenge; no macros or GNU extensions were used (I
enjoy flagellating myself with difficult tasks for some reason...). You can
test its output with `make template && make all`.

Is there any way to gauge the dimensions of the output from within troff?
The \n[.o] register is only giving me 72000, which isn't very helpful (I'm
assuming that's supposed to reflect the page's horizontal dimensions...)