Re: [Groff] Options in groff file have no effect

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] Options in groff file have no effect
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 22:15:15 +0200 (CEST)

address@hidden wrote:

> It is not long ago since I began using groff for text processing
> and I like it a lot.
> After having only used the default format for my bibliography,
> I would like to adapt the output a bit more to my needs.
> Therefore, I included some options between the .R1 and .R2 lines
> in my example.txt file:
>
> .R1
> no-label-in-reference
> .R2

It does work if you also put "accumulate" between .R1/.R2:

.R1
accumulate
no-label-in-reference
.R2

and place this *at the beginning* of "example.txt".

My question regarding qrefer (to the qrefer developer) here is:  If .R1/.R2 is
placed after the references (e.g. at the end of the document) the options are
ignored (this can be expected).  If it is placed at the beginning of the
document (where it may make sense) *before* any reference, then .R1 is
resetting accumulate.  The result is that no reference list is output at all.
Isn't this a bug?  Why does command line option "-e" need to be ignored when
.R1/.R2 is at the beginnig of the document?

Carsten