Re: [Groff] Still No Luck Accessing Characters From Zapf Dingbats (Or An

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Still No Luck Accessing Characters From Zapf Dingbats (Or Any Other Strange Font)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 00:04:13 -0400

> On May 8, 2016, at 6:27 PM, Henry McGilton <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> So I am on El Capitan, and I am using the groff which comes installed
> with El Capitan, GNU groff version 1.19.2
>
> Invoking groff as suggested by Werner:
>
> groff -k -Tps foo.tr > foo.ps
>
> groff: invalid option -- k

I’ve just moved to El Capitan, but groff has compiled well enough from source
in previous OS versions. One thing I do is “configure —prefix=/bin” so the
install bunnystomps the default version. In general, I’ve had really good luck
with anything using GNU automake.

Ali Gholami Rudi’s neatroff has also compiled on OS X up to Yosemite, anyway,
except for pic9.

— Larry