[Groff] groff info(1). (Was: .if !dTS - GNU extension?)

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: [Groff] groff info(1). (Was: .if !dTS - GNU extension?)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 13:00:51 +0100

Hi Doug,

> Yes. I am very glad for those pages. They are so good that I had not
> been conscious of the info files, which you so aptly call "canonical",
> not "primary" as many maddeningly incomplete Gnu man pages do--a daily
> reminder that Gnu's Not Unix.

Whilst on the topic, I read/search groff's info files with

    info groff | less

as it puts me in familiar `man' interface.  With older info(1)s, stderr
would have lots of repeats of some `formatting node' progress line, but
that's easily cleared with Gg in less to move to the end, producing all
of them at once, and then back to the beginning.

FSF have made exceptions to things in the past, I wonder if a document
formatter having its documentation in its own format could be one?
Stallman may agree.  :-)

Cheers, Ralph.