Re: [Groff] .if !dTS - GNU extension?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] .if !dTS - GNU extension?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 13:59:24 +0200 (CEST)

>>  I always tried to maintain well-written man pages that covers
>>  everything of groff
>
> Yes. I am very glad for those pages. They are so good that I had not
> been conscious of the info files, which you so aptly call
> "canonical", not "primary" as many maddeningly incomplete Gnu man
> pages do--a daily reminder that Gnu's Not Unix.

Note, however, that (a) some stuff simply doesn't belong into man
pages (e.g., details of troff internals – the perl way of having
zillions of man pages is not very attractive to me), and that (b) info
files can be far more explicit, accompanied with examples, say.  So
both have a sensible purpose, but there is a very large, unavoidable
overlap in information.