Re: [Groff] [Heirloom] Request for testing a release candidate

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] [Heirloom] Request for testing a release candidate
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 10:29:37 +0100 (CET)

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ah, I wasn't aware that the project moved to github.  Please commit a
> last change to the CVS repository that explains that the project has
> moved, and that the CVS repository is now defunct!  Ditto for
> http://heirloom.sourceforge.net/doctools.html.

That would indeed make sense.  Unfortunately only Gunnar has access to the
SourceForge CVS and web page.  There is only read access to the CVS possible
for others.

The last change on the CVS repository had been on June 19, 2011.  Gunnar has
silently abondoned the project without prior notice and is not reachable since
then.

At the time when severe bugs had been found I tried to contact Gunnar but I got
no answer.  Later I also asked for access to the CVS or at least be able to
place a notice at the web page, but again he didn't answer.  The maintainer of
the Mac OS X port (Stefan Tramm) finally did suggest to move the project to
GitHub.  There it is continued since August 2014.

  Carsten