Re: [Groff] bad QE in -ms

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] bad QE in -ms
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 21:08:51 +0100 (CET)

Steffen Nurpmeso <address@hidden> wrote:

> Disclaimer: i never have used ms nor have i ever looked into the
> macros.
> But of course i was interested in this and while i fully trust you
> (i haven't even tried it) i think a better approach would be to
> avoid the repititions.  I saw you've copied+pasted the .sp / .ne
> sequence from a par*start, so wouldn't it be better as attached?
> What do you mean?

Oops... The fix with changed manpage and info document is locally done since
hours and just by accident not commited yet.

To but this in a separate macro is a obvious and trivial solution of course.
I wanted to make things not more complicated as necessary and wanted to changes
as little lines as possible.  Thats why by intention did decide against this
trivial macro.  The repeated lines make it clear at once what happens there
instead of having one further indirection.

What if someone says the vertical space is wrong there?  Then code lines had
been changed which have nothing to do with this problem.  I would commit it as
initially suggested, but ok--I wait if others prefer to introduce this trivial
macro.

Carsten