Re: [Groff] bad QE in -ms

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Groff] bad QE in -ms
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 20:41:21 +0100

Hi.

Carsten Kunze <address@hidden> wrote:
 |Can we agree to commit this?  (The patch is also added as a .gz file.)
 |
 |diff --git a/tmac/s.tmac b/tmac/s.tmac
 |index cf0eca8..190ee11 100644
 |--- a/tmac/s.tmac
 |+++ b/tmac/s.tmac
 |@@ -1298,6 +1298,10 @@ along with this program. If not, see <http://w\
 |ww.gnu.org/licenses/>.
 | .\}
 | .el address@hidden unbalanced \\$0
 | address@hidden
 |+.if '\\$0'QE' \{\
 |+.      sp \\n[\\n[.ev]:PD]u
 |+.      ne \\n[PORPHANS]v+\\n(.Vu
 |+.\}
 | ..
 | .de @QS
 | .br
 |@@ -1311,6 +1315,8 @@ along with this program. If not, see <http://ww\
 |w.gnu.org/licenses/>.
 | .nr \\n[.ev]:ri +\\n[QI]
 | .nr \\n[.ev]:ai \\n[\\n[.ev]:PI]
 | address@hidden
 |+.sp \\n[\\n[.ev]:PD]u
 |+.ne \\n[PORPHANS]v+\\n(.Vu
 | ..
 | .als @QE @RE
 | .\" start boxed text

Disclaimer: i never have used ms nor have i ever looked into the
macros.
But of course i was interested in this and while i fully trust you
(i haven't even tried it) i think a better approach would be to
avoid the repititions.  I saw you've copied+pasted the .sp / .ne
sequence from a par*start, so wouldn't it be better as attached?
What do you mean?

--steffen