Re: [Groff] Typesetting Markup Language (TML) - a Superset of Groff

From: Yves Cloutier
Subject: Re: [Groff] Typesetting Markup Language (TML) - a Superset of Groff
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 16:51:24 -0500

Hello Steffen,

Thanks for your comment.

Closing a inline formatting stack with a single closing bracket was a
design decision meant to reduce the noise added to running text.  It's
meant to keep the running text more readable. For example:

vs

<bold, size +2, smallcaps<some text>

or even the sugared version:

<b, sc, +2<some text>.

I'm not familar with SGML, but will have a look.