Re: [Groff] text variants

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Groff] text variants
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 12:25:16 +0100

Hi.

Dave Kemper <address@hidden> wrote:
 |On 12/15/15, Steffen Nurpmeso <address@hidden> wrote:
 |> I think the attached should do so.
 |
 |Thanks, Steffen!  Once this is applied to git, I'll create a patch
 |with my originally suggested enhancement.

The attached may do, then.  (With some manual intervention.)
(And regarding my S-roff fork, and fyp[ossible]i, i am
tremendously sorry that it takes so long; i trail behind more than
a year compared to the initial schedule, but in December 2014 the
BSD Mail codebase got a fairly silly CVE, and even though the
initial fix was done in a day it took about half a year to come to
the point where the desired approach of something good could
become implemented.  And then there was some light on the horizon
to reach a pretty acceptable state until the end of 2015.
Unfortunately i then decided to fix some no-go area in October (a
brilliant idea from the 1970s!, but which won't work out with new
functionality that was added in the 2000s -- and thus never worked
for real) and that messed up anything.  Now i hope to be able to
release that one when it's getting 38 years old, by the end of
March, and then i really turn my head for a loooong time and
start working on S-roff.  And i hope for good.)

Ciao,

--steffen