Re: [Groff] recursive subdirectory search in GROFF_TMAC_PATH

From: Ivan Garcerant
Subject: Re: [Groff] recursive subdirectory search in GROFF_TMAC_PATH
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 01:29:38 +0000 (UTC)

>>  |kpathsea library for groff's file management.  In particular, it
>>  |would allow for multiple font configuration files.
>>
>> This is all too hardwired and restricted, and then scattered at the
>> same time.  Nothing a normal person can deal with easily.
>
> Well, if I want to add a font to groff, I would prefer to *not* modify
> the system-wide font config file but a local one...
I am using groff 1.22.2; in this version is possible to have fonts in a
peer-document directory. I am working just that right now.
The trick (or the bug if we are honest) is that groff seems to recognize the
GROFF_FONT_PATH only when in the environment is defined GROFF_TMAC_PATH at the
same time.
I may provide more details if your wish.
Have a nice day.Iván.