Re: [Groff] Musescore-Lilypond-groff

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Musescore-Lilypond-groff
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 10:21:52 +0100

Hi Grégoire,

> According to your informations, I tried now this:
>
> $ patch -p1 < /home/gregexp/Bureau/patch0glilypond
> patching file contrib/glilypond/ChangeLog
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]

This is because you've already applied the patch to this tree of groff
source.  If you want to keep testing your patch then you need to get
back to an unpatched version each time, e.g. unpack the tar file.

I see it still complained that

> patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
> I changed the patch into a git-style patch (see attachement)
>
> > Is it possible you used a different, truncated, patch file than what
> > you emailed to the list?
>
> No, it is just the file i used as a patch.

The file attached this time has a last line that does not end with an
ASCII LF, i.e. '\n'.  Thus patch complains.  It's not a Unix text file.

    $ tail -3 ../patch0glilypond | od -c
    0000000                                       $   l   y   -   >   p   r
    0000020   i   n   t   (   $   _   )   ;  \n   -   -      \n   2   .   2
    0000040   .   0   .   r   c   1
    0000046

Cheers, Ralph.