Re: [Groff] recursive subdirectory search in GROFF_TMAC_PATH

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] recursive subdirectory search in GROFF_TMAC_PATH
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 10:12:13 +0100

Hi steffen,

> For other use cases i would have no problem with a single global
> .ini-style configuration file and a per-user one with the same syntax.

Aside, I dislike Microsoft's INI files that have appeared in Unix.  :-)
They're not line based, but have context, making them more awkward to
search and edit with Unix tools.

>   [startup-files]
>   eqn = INSTALLPATH/eqnrc

`startup-files.eqn=INSTALLPATH/eqnrc' might lead to repetition over many
lines, but it's self-contained;  the parser need not track any
`[section]', and sed can edit it more easily.

Cheers, Ralph.