Re: [Groff] -mm formatting macros question

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: [Groff] -mm formatting macros question
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 16:45:12 +1000 (AEST)

Marisa,

Because I always use command line arguments to do what PGFORM does, I have remained ignorant of PGFORM. So my comments might not be exactly what you need.

If you disable your lines with PGFORM and PGNH, i.e.

        .\".PGFORM ....
        .\".PGNH

and use

        .P

or even

        .SP

then everything works perfectly.

Off the cuff, I would say the '.PG...' macros are having an undocumented side effect. But as I said, I know nothing about these macros so somebody far more learned needs to comment on that.

Note that you can use an argument to '.SP' which is the number of blank lines, i.e.

        .SP 2

will get you a double line spacing.

Regards - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 277-279 Broadway, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer