Re: [Groff] Tbl - repeating column titles

From: nigel.gunton
Subject: Re: [Groff] Tbl - repeating column titles
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:52:17 +0100

On Thu, 24 Sep 2015, Blake McBride wrote:

Greetings,

I have a table that spans several pages.  I would like the tbl column
titles to repeat at the top of each page (*independently *of the page
title).  Can tbl do this?

Thanks.

Blake McBride

I'm not an expert but I think that by breaking the table into smaller sections and using the table header options you will get what you are after. Something along the lines of

.TS H
options;
format section.
main header
.TH
data
.TE
.TS H
options;
format section.
main header
.TH N
data
.TE

The column headers will only be repeated if the next segment is on a new page

The above was taken from Unix Text Processing, Dale Dougherty & Tim O'Reilly

HTH,

Nigel

--
Nigel Gunton MIET,
Department of Engineering Design & Mathematics,