Re: [Groff] I added section name to man-pages names

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] I added section name to man-pages names
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2015 15:54:49 +0200 (CEST)

> The renaming of man-pages such as groff.1.man works, but has
> bugs.  The newly named man-pages is installed as groff.1.1, which
> is accepted by man, groffer, make install, make uninstall.

Uh, oh, there was perhaps a misunderstanding.  Within the groff
sources, having `groff.1.man', etc., was OK.  However, after
installation, it *must* be `groff.1', and not `groff.1.1'!

> This error is therefore not a real bug, but is quite ugly and may
> hit some external man programs.

Exactly.  For the time being, please revert the patch and put it into
a separate branch so that you play around and modify it as needed.  If
you feel the code is ready, it can be easily merged into master later
on if there are no objections.

> Unfortunately  I do not have time during the next week or longer.

One more reason to move it into a separate branch...

> So I would be very glad, if someone could help and fix this bug,
> maybe in top-source/Makefile.am.

Well, I'm away also, and groff isn't my priority any longer...