[Groff] Heirloom TBL problem

From: Blake McBride
Subject: [Groff] Heirloom TBL problem
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 20:29:53 -0500

The "expand" option works correctly (as expected) on groff, but when using
Heirloom _with_ MM, it doesn't fully expand.  I think it does without MM.
Here is a sample:

.ll 6.5i
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
.SP 3
.DS
.TS
expand tab(;) ;
Lw25 Lw25 .
\_;\_
John Lennon;Paul McCartney
.SP 3
\_;\_
Date;Date
.TE
.DE

I am doing:  tbl test.mm |troff -mm |dpost >test.ps

You can see that the 2nd column of the table should extend to the end of
.ll but it doesn't.  If you compare the output of groff to heirloom, the
problem is clear.

Thanks.

Blake McBride