Re: [Groff] How remove title?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] How remove title?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 11:56:24 +0100

Hi Peng,

> > I've fixed the issue with the title coming out as LS("1") by
> > removing the quotes, so it is LS(1) now, but I don't think that's
> > what you want.
>
> Right. That is not what I want. But could you create a version that
> doesn't generate the title?

I'm getting a bit lost, and I'm probably not alone.  To clarify, your
interest is the metadata within the PDF document, not what's on the
printed page.  Initially, your PDF viewer (Adobe Acrobat/acroread?) was
stating the PDF was `Untitled' because no title was present in the
metadata.  When there is a title, e.g. Deri's `LS(1)' for the ls(1) man
page, that's also unwanted.

It sounds like the original PDF was correct;  no title in the metadata.
Your complaint is that the PDF viewer then states it's untitled rather
than staying silent on the matter?  That seems to be something outside
groff's remit?

Cheers, Ralph.