[Groff] can't translate character code 229 to special character `oa' in

From: mikkel meinike
Subject: [Groff] can't translate character code 229 to special character `oa' in transparent throughput
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 16:19:24 +0200

I just compiled groff from source and I used pdfmom in a way I have done
many times before but this time there was a strange problem that I have not
tried before. The error massages was printed into the document.

This command is causing the problem
$ pdfmom udspil.mom >udspil.pdf
Is this a bug? Is there any way around this problem.

With this command

$ pdfroff -mom -mpdfmark udspil.mom >udspil.pdf

I am able to compile the doc without the error massages. But now there are
some mistakes in the page structure. (at least that can be fixed with pdftk)

Thanks in advance
Mikkel